Craftsmanship in a Garage

Craftsmanship in a Garage

Monday, April 5, 2010

Shelf Insert For Bill's Desk

I'm going to be applying the final coat of tung oil today to the "tree" and tomorrow I will be installing the brass hooks for hanging the purses.


I built this shelf set up for my father in law's computer desk a couple of weeks ago.  Because he now has an Apple iMac and no longer needs to use the cabinet for the computer CPU, he thought it could be used for storage.  Good idea!  I simply built a box from half inch birch ply with adjustable shelves.  No need to match the stain because the door is normally closed, so I finished it with a clear satin finish.  It simply slides in the opening and is held in place with a screw.  If the desk is ever to be used with a computer CPU, the shelf can be removed easily.  I'm charging him lunch at Rosa Linda's Mexican Restaurant....  Bill is good for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment